July 2002 Newsletter
-Do not wish to be anything but what you are and try to be that
perfectly. -St. Francis De Sales
July 1, 2002
Welcome to Encouraging Words monthly newsletter. This FREE newsletter
is designed to encourage you in creating a life so joyful and
authentic, you radiate. Please pass it along to friends you would
like to inspire.
I am beginning my first issue of Encouraging Words with anticipation.
I hope to impart to you how small, consistent changes can improve
your life. I desire to show you how to live your life joyfully
and authentically. I want you to see your great potential.
So many times we get goal lists with 15 things we want to accomplish.
Or we start one self-improvement program only to quit when something
new makes us think, "This program is the one that will make my
life great." Or you have a dream. But, it seems so huge. You don't
have the time or resources to make your dream come true.
What we need to do is focus on one change or goal at a time.
When our energies are scattered, things are done halfheartedly
and changes may only last a week or two. One failure after another
makes us discouraged with ourselves. Instead we can focus on one
small goal with all we've got. Concentrate on that one goal for
a whole month and progress is made or a habit is formed. This
month, focus on making one tiny change that could impact your
life immensely. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Get up ½ hour earlier and be in bed ½ hour earlier
2. Take a walk every day at lunch
3. Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables a day
4. Start a daily journal habit
5. Make a debt reduction planner - Quicken.com has an online planner
6. Create an energizing morning routine which includes some quiet
time, exercise, grooming and household chores
7. Leave 10 minutes earlier for all appointments
8. Quit doing one thing you can't stand - hire it out, delegate
it or forget about it
9. Declutter a desk drawer and reorganize it with drawer organizers
10. Read a book or take a class to learn something new
Now make a chart to record your successes. You can also play
with a page in a calendar you aren't using. Microsoft Word and
Works both have calendar templates. Maybe you can use gold stars,
stickers or just a big check to announce your accomplishment.
Give yourself a reward after the first day, the first week, then
at the end of the month.
Self-Care Tips for July:
· Rent a video you wanted to see, but no one else wanted to
· Lie down on your couch listening to some music
· Buy a summer tote bag, sunglasses or another summer accessory
· Find a masseuse you like and make a monthly appointment
"There is no place more delightful than hope." -Cicero
Relationship Ideas for July:
· Fly a kite or go to the zoo with a child
· Browse a gourmet food store with your significant other
· Write five thinking of you cards to friends and family
· Call your brother or sister
"Before you marry, keep your two eyes open; after you marry shut
one." -Jamaican Proverb
Contact Beth Dargis
I coach stressed-out people looking for peace, balance and purpose.
For more information on Encouraging Coach programs, private coaching
with Beth, media opportunities, or inviting Beth Dargis to speak
to your company or organization, please contact Beth at
articles for your web site or e-zine: Feel
free to use these articles on your website and newsletters as
long as the footer is included. Permission is granted to reproduce,
copy or distribute this e-letter so long as this copyright notice
and full information attributing Beth Dargis is attached.
Back to Archives
To subscribe send a blank email to: email@example.comTo
unsubscribe send a blank email to: firstname.lastname@example.org